Thursday, April 14, 2011

A New Me... Or Something

I feel like a lot had changed in my life in the last two and a half years... Started dating my first boyfriend, first kiss, got engaged, got married, moved out of state, moved back to MI, got pregnant, had a baby.... yeah, its been two and a half pretty epic years... :P

In the midst of all that, I joined weight watchers and lost about 16 pounds, and lets be honest, I gained so much confidence in myself with that weight off! Well, I gained it all back when we moved to Painesville, and then getting pregnant added some extra weight on top of that. I was pretty self conscious during pregnancy, and while I lost 30 of the 40 I gained after Aurelia was born, I still carry that extra weight. And now you are probably wondering why I am telling you this, because this kind of information is usually pretty personal stuff, and I would never usually share this on a public blog. On the internet. Where ANYONE can read it.

I've been watching the NBC show "The Biggest Loser" lately. If you've never seen it, it is a pretty inspiring show where 22 very obese people come together and lose weight. They have personal trainers, and while many people think that their diet is handed to them, they actually cook and make their own meals and snacks. Anyway, the last nine contestants alone have lost over 1,000 lbs in about 15 weeks.

This motivated me. These obese people stand up in a sports bra and spandex shorts in front of America and get weighed on a HUGE scale. I guess that is one way to get accountability! This is why I am writing this. From here on out, I would like to try and give you weekly updates, revealing it all.. eating habits, weight losses and gains, frustrations... everything! My goals are within sight, and I want you all to be able to hold me accountable for my actions, so that I can get to said goals! Just by typing this blog, it holds me accountable because now you all know my secrets! :) I will also include pictures throughout this whole process, to show progress!

So here are the facts:

CURRENT WEIGHT: 183 (just before I had Aurelia, I was 213!)

GOALS: First Goal: Pre-pregnancy weight (173 lbs)

Here are a few starting photos of myself...The top on is my trying to be all dramatic like the people on the weight loss info commercials... It was fun :P

No comments:

Post a Comment