Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What a life we live!!! :D

I guess there has been a lot going on in these last few months, and the summer isn't any less busy! Josh and I have been going through a lot personally, trying to figure out where and how God wants us to be serving Him. God has also been teaching us both a lot in our relationship with each other, which has been the most emotionally and mentally draining part!

I can only speak for myself, so God has taught me that He didn't put Josh in my life to give me complete satisfaction. I can't look to my husband and try to get the kind of love from him that only God can give. Because when I try, I put expectations on Josh that he will never be able to live up to. Only God can give me that love that is perfect and always fullfilling. I am also learning that while part of being a Godly wife is serving God by serving/taking care of my family and household, it is not the only part. Yes, God has called me to be a wife and a mother, but that doesn't mean that that is ALL that He has called me to! God has great plans for me, and I have been putting God in a box and not letting Him show me just what I can do! Josh and I have realized that whatever we end up doing and wherever we end up, it will be a place where God can use both of our talents to glorify Him. If we are truly following and seeking God, then we will end up where we are both doing some things that we enjoy!

Finally, Josh and I have been experiencing exactly what God can do in our relationship when we put Him first. We get along better, and there is more of a realness to our relationship! It still isn't perfect, and it never will be, but it is getting better every single day we decide to put God first.

In other news, God has been teaching me about commitment lately, and its been for a while now. Our pastor did a sermon that talked about commit and not quitting or something like that, and it has really stuck with me. I have been much more intentional about following through on things, not just when I commit my time or efforts to other people, but also to myself. For instance, running. I have told myself that I am going to learn to run, and that I am going to run a 5k. So I am going to do it. It was hard at first, especially because I never thought I would be able to learn how to breathe while running. But I have overcome that hurdle, and am now running 1+ miles at a time! (For the record, the last time I did that was in 10th grade) And it feels so good!!

Aurelia is getting so big! She just turned five months, and I have a feeling she is going to be mobile very soon! She is rolling over onto her tummy and onto her back, and she is such a happy baby! She loves her play seat that Grammie Ricolo and Great Grammie Bay bought for her -- she spends most of her day in that... and she seems to really enjoy being outside. Daddy wants to take her camping but Mommy isn't quite ready for that yet :P Next year for SURE!!!

I ask for prayers for our ministry situation -- for us to keep seeking God and that He would guide us to where we are going to be, whether it is where we are at or in a different country.

No comments:

Post a Comment