The thought of changing the look of my blog was appealing, so I started today. I'm not sure if it's to the point of perfection yet, but I'm liking it. It has a 'health' feel to it, or at least that's what it makes me think of. I'm trying to surround myself with positive reinforcements and thoughts/ideas that will encourage me to continue making the choices that are best for my health. I have found that this is not an easy task, and its only the first day I've really tried it.
The world is so full of JUNK: Not just food-wise, but activities (or lack there-of), music, games, movies, TV.... All the things that encourage a lazy life are energy consuming, and leaves you feeling even more 'dead', or gross than before. When we are using our bodies and minds for positive things, it is much easier to be motivated, and also to KEEP GOING. Today, for example, I just wanted to sit on the couch and do nothing. But, as I was looking at some workouts that I could do to target belly fat (not planning on doing them.... just finding them for tomorrow.), I realized how ridiculous it was to NOT do it today! So, I did it. Right then. And then, after I started using my energy instead of just letting it seep away, I became motivated to do things that actually needed to be done.
Not to mention, all of this leads to a healthy lifestyle. Its not about just being healthy for a week, or two months, or just until summer so you can have that bikini body you've always wanted. Its about changing your life, and adding a couple years to it. For your kids, your husband, your friends....yourself (YES! You can workout at make healthy choices for YOU!!! Crazy, I know :P)
I'm thinking of starting a new blog specifically about healthy habits for a healthy lifestyle. I guess this is just practice for that. I want to actually have organized posts that aren't so scatter-brained.
No comments:
Post a Comment