Our homes are a place where our lives takes place: we laugh, cry, yell, and learn there. Our children will learn many difficult life lessons in the place we call home, whether that be an apartment, a mansion, or a camper. As a parent of a very lovable yet strong-willed four-year-old, I admit that there are days when I feel like I do more reprimanding (which often turns to impatient yelling) instead of effective parenting. I am so thankful for the grace that God has given me when it comes to life and parenting, and I am also thankful for people like Courtney DeFeo, who writes books like In This House, We Weill Giggle: Making Virtues, Love, And Laughter a Daily Part of Your Family Life.
DeFeo is a mom, and knows what it is like to lose her cool, and have her focus slip to the "in the moment" moments instead of looking at the big picture. When she realized that she was spending more time on giving instructions to her kids and making sure they follow through instead of living life with them, she decided to make some changes. In each chapter of her book, she tells how she was able to bring more important virtues into her home, like forgiveness, joy, love, respect, service, and patience (among many others).
The book is 12 chapters, and works so that each month, your family can focus one virtue. DeFeo gives ideas on how to bring giggles to your home every month, monthly memory verses, catch phrases to use to help ingrain the virtues in each family member, and activities to do as a family to use what you are learning about the virtue. And another added bonus if you enjoy the Jesus Storybook Bible: She has a story that goes with each virtue every month! This is great if you have young ones, so that you can explain the virtue in a way that they can understand.
I really enjoyed this book, because it helped me to remember the important things in life. It is a great read, and will be especially helpful if you are looking to get out of the 'daily grind', and bring true joy and life into your home.
I received this book for free from bloggingforbooks.com
Learn more about the book, and read some for yourself here!

No comments:
Post a Comment