Saturday, November 14, 2009

Los Angeles, Turkey Meatballs, & Grandpa

My last blog was super long.. mostly me rambling on about weird things. Cool. I am at work right now, and I am super bored, so I will be writing an update and stuff...

My grandpa is doing much better than he was doing. After being in the hospital for about a week and in an in-patient physical therapy place in Midland for a little less than a week, he is finally back home and on the slow but steady path to healing and recovery. He thinks that he is going hunting this weekend even. [He shouldn't be going, he just thinks he is].

Also, I have been finding some sweet recipes online lately, and from my weight watchers meetings that I plan on trying, and if they turn out, making them for Thanksgiving dinners. I hope they are delicious.

Last and not least, because the recipes were the least, Josh and I are going to LA this summer! We decided to apply for a program call the IT Project -- It is a 50 day program that is about missions and missions history, as well as learning about the people groups of the world -- mainly the major groups in the 10/40 window. The first 25 days is spent taking a course at the Bible College where we will be staying, and the 25 days is dedicated to getting out on the town, learning about how the people groups worship, visiting their places of worship, and evangelizing to students! We will also get to go to a different church every Sunday to see what kinds of churches are there in LA.. I am super excited!!!

We are some of the first people accepted for the 2010 Project, because we applied so early. We did that on purpose, because this way, we have more time to raise support and money for the trip :) I am very excited for it!

If you have more questions about the trip or whatever, or the Traveling Team, you can go to their website, www.thetravelingteam.org

No comments:

Post a Comment