
The Precious Moments Storybook Bible is a bible created for young children. It is broken into four different sections: Favorite Bible Classics, Words of Praise and Wisdom, More Stories of the Faith, and Songs & Prayers. The book is filled with many pictures.
When reading children's bible, or storybook bibles such as this, my main focus is not on the pictures or how easy it is to understand, but the accuracy of the scripture used; it can be difficult to make a children's bible understandable for the child and also scripturally accurate. I believe that while this bible leaves out some detail that small children might not understand, it does a pretty decent job in maintaining scriptural accuracy. I believe that it is the parents' job to fill in the missing pieces of each story so that the children do not think of these as ONLY stories, but as accurate accounts of real past events. I do, however, think that while precious moments characters are cute and cuddly, they give children even more of a false belief that these stories are nothing more than just stories.
I believe that this book is a good starting point in teaching your children about the Bible and the characters of the Bible, and I would recommend it to others only if they are willing to take the stories a step further, and to emphasize that they are in fact real stories that happened a long time ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment