Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cold Weather

Last night, Aurie got to go to her very first sporting event... we went to the Girls Cass City Basketball game last night :) The Varsity team won, but we didn't make it for any of the JV game. We got to see some girls from the Cass City Missionary Church youth group as well, and they invited us to come watch their production they have coming up in March.

Aurie seems to be doing well, for the most part. She had a WIC appointment last night, and she weighed 6 lbs 15 oz, which isn't the best, considering she is supposed to be gaining weight, but I think it is from all the spitting up/puking she has been doing lately. I am hoping that the doctor doesn't put her on formula today.. that stuff is smelly! Other than that, she is doing well.

The last few nights, she has been pretty fussy at night, leaving Josh and I pretty tired out. We couldn't figure out why she was fussing, until this morning when Josh came to wake me up... I went into the living room and it was SO COLD! The thermostat read 64 degrees! I think Aurie was having a hard time getting to sleep because she was too cold. (She would sleep fine if she slept on Josh, but she wouldn't stay in her bassinet... which makes sense now :P)
The back of our house is a lot warmer than the front of our house, because of the big window in living room, so we moved Aurie in there, and she is sleeping much more peacefully now, thankfully! I can't wait until it starts to warm up, just for the sake of our sleeping :P

I am getting pretty ready to start working out feeling more in shape than I am now, but I know that I am still healing and probably shouldn't anything too strenuous. I was shocked yesterday at the appointment when they weighed me and I was close to 30 pounds lighter than I was the week before I had Aurelia... That was SUPER encouraging! I know that it will be difficult to lose weight and get into shape, but I have a lot motivating me: I want Aurelia to know what it means to be healthy and to have healthy habits; I want her to know that it may take work (especially if she gets more of mom's metabolism), but it is worth it; I want to be able to run around and play with her as she becomes active; I have a wonderful, supportive husband who I can't wait to be able to keep up with when we hike or run or whatever it is that we will be doing!; God is a pretty big motivator as well... my body is a temple, and I can do His work much more efficiently if I am healthy!

It is a lot easier blogging when I have something exciting to blog about :)

No comments:

Post a Comment