Friday, February 4, 2011

The first week...


It has been a little over a week now since we have had Aurelia with us, and it has probably been one of the longest weeks I can remember. It was filled with overwhelming joy, frustration, irritability, sleep deprivation, but most of all, lots of love.

When people say that the first week is the worst and the hardest week of having a baby, I think I could agree, now that I have been through it. Josh and I have had our world turned upside down, but God has been good in working through it with us. We have been surrounded by wonderful people, and our families have been nothing but helpful!

It is amazing to me all the emotions that I felt from hour to hour... Aurie and I were having some troubles nursing, which was the hardest part for me, but we are slowly learning together, and it has been a wonderful experience. I have learned patience in a whole new way, having this tiny baby relying on me to give her food and to take care of her. It is so wonderful, and scary at the same time!

Sleeping hasn't been too bad, I don't think... Josh and I take shifts sleeping on the couch with Aurie in her bouncer... she seems to sleep much better in that than in her bassinet right now. It also gives each of us a more peaceful couple hours of sleep, which is still very much needed at this point :P

Josh has been wonderful to Aurie and I! He is such a wonderful Daddy, and I believe that having Aurie is helping us to become closer to each other. It is also bringing us closer to God, which has been so renewing for myself. I am so thankful for both Aurelia and my wonderful husband -- they have both helped me to grow spiritually and emotionally (and thanks to Aurelia, physically, too :P), and I know that I have been so blessed!

Praise God for our wonderful little family :) I can't wait to see what he has in store for us!

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear"
Ephesians 4:29

This is our memory verse for this week... It is a good reminder for me, and one verse that I need to remember, because I know that I am not always the best at following it.

No comments:

Post a Comment