So, I thought I'd share what I've been doing since Aurelia was about three months... a friend shared this with me, and if you know who the Dugger's are, this idea came from them.
Making your own baby wipes saves you money and I actually like them better because they aren't as wet, leaving Aurelia with less diaper rash. They are also great to keep near the high chair, as they work great to wipe sticky hands and faces, and I don't feel bad using them because they are a lot cheaper!
HERE'S HOW TO DO IT:
Save an old ice cream pail, and cut a slit in the middle of the lid. Take a roll of BOUNTY paper towel and cut it in half ( This is the most difficult part.. I would suggest an electric knife, and we dont even have one, its just what I thought would work way better).
Place half a roll of paper towel in ice cream pail and add:
2 CUPS WATER
2 TABLESPOONS BABY OIL
1 TABLESPOON RUBBING ALCOHOL
I usually mix all three things together and then pour on the paper towel, so that it is covered evenly with the oil and alcohol. Let set for 20 or 30 minutes, then remove cardboard from the middle and voila! You have your own baby wipes!
This would work great for toddlers too, so for all you moms out there, try it out and see if you like it! Its much cheaper than buying wipes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment