Friday, October 28, 2011

The End of the Month

It's almost November. It's almost a New Year. I almost have a one year old. I have a rambunctious kitten. I've lost ten pounds. I have coached a season of volleyball.

This fall season is rapidly turning into winter, and there isn't a break in sight. Sometimes I think I like it that way, because then I dont really have to face the real issues that are in my family, or more specifically, my relationship. But more on that later.

In the beginning of the month (I'm actually not sure if it was this month, or last month, so we are going with this month), I posted that I wanted to lose ten pounds before November. I really feel like I haven't been losing any weight, especially with being sick and have a sick family. But the scale shows numbers that say I have lost ten pounds, and I think I can be happy with that! I also found that some of my favorite pants from the prepregnancy days fit me again, and that was a good discovery, as well as a motivator to keep up the good work so that I can fit in to the rest of my pre-pregnancy pants!

That was the mega find from yesterday. Today, I woke up to a fairly happy baby, despite the long, frustrating night we both had. Aurelia, the baby who doesnt like to be rocked to sleep, wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her. I guess its comforting when shes teething. Finally, after about three hours, she fell asleep enough for me to transfer her to her crib for the remainder of the night. I did find out that her cute little halloween onesie from Grammie and Papa glows in the dark, though :P

Anyway, this morning, she was in a pretty good mood, such a good mood that she peed on me before I could get her into the bathtub... :) I guess making it nine months and only getting peed on twice is pretty good :p

Now that volleyball season is over, I guess I go back to being the housewife that I was before hand. Josh will probably be happy for that because even though I wasn't very good at it, I at least got the laundry done throughout the week, unlike durng volleyball season. I was never good at having dinner ready, anyway. I'm just not really the housewife type, I dont think. While I love being home with Aurelia all day, I enjoy the away time from the house.

While there were many good things about volleyball season, the best would probably have to be the fact that I have improved in the game enough that my husband enjoys playing on my team now. After two years, we have something we can do together and not fight about. Thats an accomplishment. I really do enjoy playing volleyball and kind of wish I could play it everyday.

I'm pretty tired, so I should probably get some sleep before my long weekend I have ahead of me.

1 comment:

  1. Winter is a good time for wallyball if you have any racquetball courts nearby. If you all are ever down this way we could rent one at Ferris for a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete