Thursday, October 13, 2011

Should I Trot?

In college, when I got sick, I think I actually took advantage to it, because I didn't really have responsibilities and I could just let my profs know I was sick and then not worry about anything until I got better. Now things are a lot different; being sick brings on a plethora of frustrations: not wanting to get the baby sick, not having energy to clean or workout, not being able to go to practices and/or games. And sleep is hard because the kitten is crying or the baby is crying or if they are both sleeping, everything I can't do is swimming around in my head, keeping me awake!

Whew. Okay, I got that off of my chest. The good news is that Mucinex helps with the coughing and hacking, and helps me to feel a tad more human. Also, Marvin is the cutest kitten ever, and loves to play with Aurelia, which makes me feel better that she has a playmate when I don't want to get too close to her to share my germs.

So here's the REAL issue: I haven't been able to do much physical activity this week since my body is tired and I have a hard time breathing, but the Turkey Trot is in a couple weeks here in Kingston! Should I still do it? I would love to be able to do not one, but two 5K runs this year, but I'm not sure if I could be ready for it. Also, Josh wouldn't be able to do it with me because it would be the morning he gets home from the lock-in... I am not sure what I should do! I used to have a turkey trot sweatshirt that I got from GoodWill. I never thought I would be contemplating on actually running one myself :P

In other news, we've had a pretty good week, although busy. Volleyball is going pretty well... I think the girls are ready to be done with volleyball season, so as coaches, it is our job to keep them pumped up, which is difficult, especially with teenage girls. But I really enjoy coaching them; they are all great kids! The 8th grade coach told her girls that if they win the rest of their games, she would dye her hair purple... I hope they win them all!!!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment