I was looking through old notes today from Facebook, and realized how much I enjoy writing. I was also noticing the responses to my writing, and then wondered why I stopped writing. I went through a pretty big writing phase my freshman year of college, and it's what really got me through the tough times. I think that it is something I should start again, because it was fun for me, and seemed to benefit others as well.
I started a series called thinking about thinking. Usually they were just free writes about whatever was on my mind. If you want to read them, you still can, because they are all still up under my notes on my Facebook page. So I decided to start that back up again, and here is number 6. Its a bit of a different style, but change is good :)
Speaking of change, a lot has happened in the last three/four years... move to MP, start college, get baptized, meet a boy, get my first boyfriend, first kiss, engagement, marriage, move in together, move to OH, move back, have a baby, marriage, be a mom, coach volleyball... whew! I never thought that this is where I'd be today, but alas, this is where I find myself: a small rinkie-dink town that no one has ever heard of serving Jesus and teaching teens about Him. But it always makes me wonder, what are my old friends up to? Where are they now? Are they still following Jesus? Do they remember me? The girls I coach were trying to guess my age. They thought I was 26. That was a lot younger than the 8th graders thought I was... 28-34... I thought to myself, man, I'm only 22 and feel like life is flying right by me! I can't imagine what I'll feel like at 34.
What are we doing with our lives, anyway, are we serving the one true God or serving ourselves? The time we have on this earth is so precious and so limited, do we spend it watching TV and playing games on the computer? Or maybe we are always texting. Thats not much of a way to live, if you ask me. I admit that I spend way too much time on FB, and I am working on it, I think. But I want to live an exciting life, helping people learn more about God and giving all the glory to Him! Watching joy spread across the face of people who are so thankful for a warm meal, or a place to sleep.
What will you be doing when Jesus comes back? Texting your friends from your couch? Watching TV? Wasting time? That question gets me every time I ask myself that. I don't want to be on Facebook when Jesus comes back!!! I want to be glorifying Him when He comes back! Serving, reading, teaching, praying, seeking...
Life changes when you have a baby, and my life got way better. I don't know what I would do without that beautiful little girl in my life every day. I know that God can take her from me whenever He sees it necessary, so I am going to use all the time I have with her to love her, and build her up in Christ, so that she can go out and serve others and love others the way jesus did. I couldn't imagine my life without her! Every sleepless night, frustrating day and puked on outfit is worth the joy that she brings into my life. There is no greater joy to me here on earth than seeing her playing and figuring out how to do things, and getting so excited when she does! I look into her face and see the image of God staring back at me, eyes so expectant, and full of love and admiration. She loves me, although. :)
I have a lot on my mind and kind of just want to keep typing. I was also aiming for more of a creative write, but that didn't happen tonight. Just gotta go with the flow :) I am going to leave you with a video that is awesome from a very talented band, Tenth Avenue North :)
No comments:
Post a Comment