Thursday, October 20, 2011

Long Week...

This week has been pretty long and crazy. Starting last week on Tuesday, I got a cough and was down and out for a day or so, but then seemed to feel a bit better. This Sunday, Josh woke up with a fever, and had it for a few days, until if finally broke on Tuesday night. Monday night, we had a pretty big game for our volleyball girls... we played Deckerville, a very strong team (both 7th and 8th). It was a good night when we managed to pull off not one but two wins!

The whole week I have still been battling with a cough which I think I can narrow it down to really bad allergy stuff, but I'm not too sure. No fever is involved yet, but I have had a huge migraine all day, been super tired, and have had some major congestion. On top of me feeling worse and Josh starting to feel better, Aurelia is teething hard core, causing her be the most fussy she has ever been. We actually experienced an attitude from her tonight during the third or fourth hour of trying to put her to bed (She decided to chuck her bottle on the ground twice). I feel bad for her, because I know she is mainly just tired and frustrated and in pain, but there is only so much I can do for a little girl who doesn't want to be cuddled and rocked to sleep :(

Also, we had another game in Peck on Wednesday, and that was a rough time... I am pretty sure Satan was there waiting for us the moment we walked into that school, and in the gym, you could probably have cut the tension with a knife... It was a really rough night; the Peck 8th graders were making fun of the 7th graders while they were playing, the refs weren't really calling anything, and the girls were just off their game. 7th grade couldn't pull off a win, but despite the troubles and with a lot of prayer, the 8th grade battled it out and won. (They were pretty upset with the 8th grade Peck team for making fun of the 7th graders, so they weren't just playing for themselves, but also their future teammates!)

On top of all that, this week has been emotionally tough for me. I feel like Satan has been feeding me a ton of lies telling me I am not good enough of capable enough in many areas of my life. I'm really struggle with my workout times and being consistent, and not eating junk, and I know that Satan uses that as a HUGE attack area. I feel like its one of the only things he has left, and if he can keep me from working out and feeling good about myself, that is the way to do it. I haven't been able to work out in a couple of weeks because I have been sick and taking care of my family, and I think that is why I have had such a hard time with it all. Satan is getting into my head, but I need to tell him to back off, because MY GOD IS BIGGER. And always will be on my side.

Please pray for our family to get healthy, both mentally and physically so we can fight off Satan in our home and in this community!

No comments:

Post a Comment