Wednesday, March 7, 2012

When You Feel Useless, Remember This

Aurelia seems to have yet another cold, but that won't keep her down. I think I second guess myself more than ever when she is sick: She is so outgoing and happy during the day, and then when nighttime comes, she is screaming and fussing and not sleeping. Thankfully, we are only fighting the virus now, since the tooth that has been trying to surface finally has. Praise God!

I feel like there is a lot I would like to write about, because God has really been working in my life (at least it feels that way. That's probably good, however, and normal when I put my trust in Him like I have been lately). First of all, Josh and I are just trying to trust that God has the whole plan for our lives worked out (which he does) and we just need to enjoy the life he has given us day by day.

The biggest thing God has been showing me/reminding me is that He made me, in His image, which means that He will use me just the way I am. I was reading Acts 4 (which is my favorite passage in the Bible, I think!) and it talks about God using Peter and John just the way they were, because they were "filled with the Holy Spirit". Verse 13, however, really gets me excited: " Now as they observed the confidence of Peter and John and understood that they were uneducated and untrained men, they were amazed and began to recognize them as having been with Jesus." (NASB) This verse gets my heart pumping and adrenaline racing every time I read it. First of all, I picture all these important people of society standing around, watching how Peter and John are captivating their audience, and then they realize that these guys are just some middle class, minimum wage-type guys preaching their hearts out. With confidence!!

I want that to be me. I want to have the kind of confidence to stand in front of people, or amongst people and share the living Word with them. That kind of confidence, as this passage tells me, can only come from Christ. The kind of confidence that really makes you stand out as having been with Jesus can only come from being filled with the Holy Spirit. My prayer is that everyday I can have that confidence, and walk in His will.

We have to remember that if Christ used people like Peter (Peter!), then He will use us, if we only trust in Him and let our hearts and souls be filled with the Holy Spirit. It makes me think of the song that says to do 'everything we do to the Glory of the One who made you, 'cause He made you to do every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face' (Chris Tomlin, maybe?).

Sometimes I feel like I am not being useful in the Kingdom because all I do is pick up after Aurelia all day and clean the house. But if I do it for the glory of God, He uses it, and opens doors I never knew were there in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment