Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Bit of My Week

I am supposed to be cleaning and organizing, but I decided that it is time to take a break. We've been going at it since before 9am this morning. But we have been making progress, which is a good feeling. This is probably the first time we have been this proactive for a move... every other time it was just throwing things in boxes and organizing when we got to our new home! In a way, though, we have to do the organizing now: We wont have room in our trailer to put all of our stuff, so we have to know what we are taking.

Not only is our week full of cleaning and getting rid of stuff, but is also involves getting ready for the 30 Hour Famine, which our youth is hosting this weekend. We are pretty excited about it, and have been raising money for Burundi, Africa. Plus, we have a benefit concert on Friday at 6PM, featuring our band, The Following:. It is our debut concert, and will also feature 2 other bands (Friends Of Jesus & The Sellouts). Its free to get in and there will be offering taken during the concert, with all money going to Burundi. We will also have some raffles for some cool items and a merch table for The Following:!

Along with all that, we have a candidate for the youth leader position coming from out of state today. He and his family will be here until Thursday doing some interviews and checking out what the job is really like. Wednesday night at youth he will be speaking to the kids, so we are pretty excited to have them visiting!

I should probably get some lunch going and finish organizing... I think its time for a Goodwill trip :) I love getting rid of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment