Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Summer And Such

If you read Josh's post, you have probably gathered some idea of how our life has been keeping us busy lately. With moving to a new location, a new job, and a walking toddler, we are always going.

Some other things that are keeping us busy:

We have been working on raising money for the 30 Hour Famine, and we are holding the event on April 27 -28. We are pretty excited for it, but it is taking a lot of planning and organizing. We are also keeping busy with our band, The Following:. Our first concert is a benefit concert to raise money for the Famine, and we are pumped to get to play with two other bands (also debuting), Friends of Jesus and The Sellouts. While preparing for that has been exhausting, it has also been a LOT of fun getting to know the guys in our band and also learning more about the talent I never knew I had (playing drums). While it is hard work, it is also something that brings joy to our life!

Another new and exciting part of life is me rejoining Weight Watchers. I had my first meeting today, and I am excited to have some help with eating healthier. As many of you know, I have blogged in the past about wanting to lose weight, and while I have done pretty well about staying active, I just can't seem to lose the weight. So Josh and I decided that it was time to go a step further. When I participated in Weight Watchers last time in 2009, I lost 16 pounds. Since we knew it worked last time, I was excited to choose to try it again. I am hoping that keeping track of what I eat as well as exercising/running will finally help me to lose the weight that I have gained from having a baby (plus the extra that was there before I got pregnant ;p)

Even in all the craziness, we have been enjoying life and learning a lot... From God, from the people He has placed in our lives, and especially from Aurelia!

No comments:

Post a Comment