Where was I? Oh yes.
This journey has had its challenges. A few of them have been being away from our loved ones, financial stress (everything really is more expensive in California!), figuring out things like health insurance and preschool, and also time management. As the icing on the cake, all of these have caused quite a bit of strain in our marriage and our motivation.
But, here's the best part: I see God in all of these (not always in the moment of stress, but when I reflect on the moment later, He is ALWAYS there). These struggles have, first and foremost, pushed us to a point in our marriage where we HAD to seek help. And God had someone lined up who is meeting with us weekly and guiding us with a biblical outlook on what a Godly marriage should look like.
You see, in every difficult situation, God is there saying, "Trust me. I am here for You. I love you." He has brought us here, and He isn't about to forsake us now. I haven't had to go grocery shopping in a while because of the food pantry that our church puts on. We don't have a Christmas tree or lights this year, but someone had an extra tree that they are letting us borrow. People from the church helped to furnish our entire home, including a crib and a bed for us. Aurelia is in preschool and loving it (and it doesn't cost anything for us).
God is with us. And we have had to rely on Him to be there for us, because we can't do it on our own. This is a hard season of life right now, but God never called us to an easy life. God is working in and through the church we go to. I get to see not only the congregation grow but also the leaders. We are being shaped into what He wants us to be, and it is something worth fighting for.
My blessings don't look like success to the world. And I think I am thankful for that. Yes, sometimes I forget about what we have, and think I want something different, but then I truly take a moment to look around at what is surrounding me - a God who is Love, friends that help me and love me for who I am, a husband who hasn't given up on our marriage (even when I have quit trying), beautiful, happy children - and I know that I have all that we need. Because God is taking care of us.
That's where my help comes from. That's where my peace comes from. That's where my joy comes from. I want to always turn my eyes to the one who created me.
This Christmas, I am thankful for all the ways that God is working in my life, and I am remembering who He is.
May Peace be with you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment