I'll admit, when I got this new journal to review, I didn't completely agree with it from the time I clicked "review this book". I mean, something called the "Instant Happy Journal" sounded to me like a quick fix to trying to find the true joy in life. While I believe that the key to true joy and happiness is knowing Christ, I think that this book would suffice as a fine aid in daily reminding the reader to be inspired and to always be thankful.
This journal is a 365 day journal that encourages inspiration, gratitude, and joy. Some pages prompt you to write about something going on in your day, whether it be something that made you laugh, made you cry, or made you yell. Other pages quote an encouraging saying or a philosophical thought on the top. Still others have information from research studies about happiness. It is very colorful, and every page has space to write.
I decided to review this book because I enjoy positive quotes and I also enjoy journaling. For my personal use, I found that this journal did not have enough space to write, and I am also more motivated by Scripture, not science. So, while I enjoyed some of the things that each page said, others I found to be irrelevant or un-motivational.
I think that while I find this journal to be bright and fun, I wouldn't buy it for myself, or for my friends, because I want them to first find happiness in Christ.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for free, to review.
For more information or to check out the book for yourself, click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment