Friday, July 31, 2009

Drama Time

I have tons of ideas in my head for dramas and stuff for the drama ministry next year. I am pumped to be able to serve the community by using drama and skits and stuff. I can't wait. I feel like I am repeating myself, but I wanted to write a blog and I didn't have much to write about, so I decided to tell you how excited I am to lead drama. It is definitely a place where God has put me, because all these ideas are not ideas from my own mind, but from His. I don't really have much else to write about, besides Josh's awesome bookshelf that he just made out of old dresser drawers. He is very creative. It actually looks like it might be able to be a bookshelf too.

I am starting marching band camp next week at Clare -- helping out the band director, Melissa, who just recently had a baby girl (YAY!). It will be pretty fun, because I get to work with my old drum major from the Central Michigan Marching Band. He was a student teacher at Clare last Spring, and that is where I graduated from, so it's pretty cool. It will be lots of fun, and I get paid to do it!!! Dave (my old drum major) put me in charge of the flutes, clarinets and alto saxophones, so I will be helping them with music as well as finding their spots on the field during drill practice and what not. Sweet! I wasn't expecting that much responsibility, but then Dave handed me a packet with the scores in it and a CD with the music on it, and told me what he wanted me to do. So thats cool that he trusts me with all three sections!!!

Alright, I am going to look at that music now, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment