I guess it's the season for something, it always seems to be.. I am not sure what, however, but my first guess is change. I guess change can be good all the time, or most of the time, but in my life, it is the season of change.
I guess I started off well, by getting married. That was a great change. I have a great family on both sides, people who love and support us in all we do. They are awesome.
But it has been difficult lately, the rest of the changes. I have learned that God does speak, we just have to learn to listen harder. God is teaching me a lesson about listening lately. And I am not the best at it.
Change is something that needs to happen, I believe, because if we just get comfortable, we start relying on ourselves, and not God -- we get our own routine, our own way of doing things, and God somehow ends up on the back burner.. Hold up, that's a problem.
It's amazing how great and patient God is with us, isn't it? God always listens to us, but we tend to get so caught up in our ridiculous little lives that God sits patiently, waiting for us, and we ignore him the whole time. Then, finally, I think that he just gets impatient, which I don't blame him, and he shows us that he is not messing around.
I think that sometimes we get caught up in change, and it takes away from the here and the now, but I also think that it is hard to find a balance of change. I mean, We should live in the moment, and not let any of God's opportunities pass us by, but at the same time, we have to prepare for the changes to come.. Well, I guess that is why we have to live in the moment. Because those opportunities are probably what will prepare us for the future.. heh, there's a thought :)
Matt preached about change yesterday, and it got a lot of people thinking, myself included. I think that is good. Everyone needs change, and God knew that it was time for that around here. God is amazing and never fails to amaze me.
I have been reading a lot lately, which is nice . Oh the joy of pleasure reading. I haven't done that in a while. I am learning a lot about food and stuff too. Like the fact that you can eat celery leaves. They taste ALOT like celery in leaf form. But they aren't too bad tasting in salad. Also, Josh is growing green onions, and you don't even need to put them in dirt.. At least not yet..
And, we have a baby parsley plant. It's really cute, and it is tasty as well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment