There never seems to be a dull moment here. I think I've started many blogs like that lately. But before I start, I want to tell you all that there is an older couple here (at McDonald's (in their 70's)) drinking coffee, and laughing like they just started dating. They have rings on, so I am guessing they have been married for a while. They have talked of many things, and made lots of jokes. They have also talked of the size of my car compared to the huge truck parked next to it. And which way the clouds are going. The point is, they look at each other like they are truly in love. They have a sparkle in their eye. That's what I want for Josh and I when we are old and have nothing better to do but go to McD's!! (The man just asked his wife, "so now what?", like they are on an adventure and are deciding what they should do!!!)
So, This past week/weekend has been exciting, in a good way and a bad way. We have fought sickness, tiredness (brought on by sickness...), and doctors who don't seem to want to be anywhere but helping patients...* I think we are now coming out on the healthy side of that battle, and we are enjoying being able to stay awake when we are together and Aurelia is asleep :P
Josh has also worked a pretty long weekend -- 14 hours on Saturday and a few more on Sunday -- so he was pretty wiped out. He was pretty excited, however, to sell some of his musical equipment :) He sold his 5 string bass guitar as well as his Marshall half-stack :)
It has been different getting used to going back to classes.... Its nice to get learning things again, and its been good for Josh and Aurelia to have some daddy-daughter time together on Tuesdays and Thursdays! When its time for the weekend, though, I am usually glad to stay home and get some time with my little bugaboo!
Today, Aurelia wanted to watch her video** about the orchestra, and they talked about the saxophone, which made me want to get mine out. So we took a ride over there*** and got my sax, and I remembered just how much I love it. So I asked Josh if I could play for service this Sunday. I'm going to play a few songs!!! I can't wait, but I have a lot of practicing to do!
I really want to try and not make these so update-ish, but it always seems to happen that way. Maybe I'll try to do something different next time :)
This explains why there are so many little blurbs****
*If you haven't heard, Josh has been fighting what we think is an ear/throat infection, and Aurelia has been fighting a cold, and I have just been fighting to stay healthy ( I had some type of stomach bug, but nothing major... just some nausea!). And the doc we saw for Josh seemed to be not fully there, and didn't really even listen to what Josh was telling him... but we thankfully got the meds he needed to get healthy.
**We still don't have a TV, but Josh has a brilliant idea to hook up the projector to the DVD player, and use our wall as a screen. It's been working great!!
*** The Smith's, who live here at the campground, have migrated to Florida for the winter, and have been gracious enough to let us use their golf cart until it gets cold!!
****Doing these little blurbs are kind of annoying, especially when there are so many. But for some reason, I had the urge to do them in this blog. Probably because I just got done reading Kelsey's blog. She does them, but not so many of them. So its not so bad. But this is just out of control.
This is awesome!
ReplyDeleteyou are playing at service!?
<3
Glad Josh and Aurelia are getting better!
I cant wait to hear you play <3
Sweetness on the Golf Cart,
You are playing at service!?!? OMGosh!
I love you kassie <3 I miss you <3