I just finished reading a book titled "Unleashed" by Erwin Raphael McManus. I have to admit that in the beginning, the book didn't seem to catch my attention. The author seem to be we writing in circles around what he was really trying to get at. But then I realized that I needed to pay closer attention to what I was reading.
This book, which was previously released as "The Barbarian Way", is a book about living the way God intended us to live. Our society tends to offer Christians a nice and easy, safe and carefree way of living. McManus points out that the Bible doesn't and never has called us to that. In fact, the bible calls us to be Christ followers, which means trusting in God ALWAYS, even when we don't know where He is leading us, or what His plans are. 'Unleashed' is about finding your inner barbarian and going against what this society says we should do but seeking Christ instead.
McManus offers a simple read with challenging content in his book. He urges and encourages us to change our hearts and mindset to that of the barbarian way. If you are looking for a life changing book that can make you feel more alive*, I would recommend this book for you.
*You must decide and commit to the change before it can actually take place in your life. The way to do that is to commit EVERYTHING to God, and to follow Him fully, no matter the cost.
I received a free copy of this book through booksneeze.com
No comments:
Post a Comment