The book "Secure Daughters Confident Sons" by Glenn T. Stanton is an information packed book about raising our children in a healthy way. He talks about how to bring our children into adulthood in a way that makes them independent and confident in who they are, even when this society tries to tell them something different.
Stanton breaks the book into two parts; Part 1 is about boys' and girls' needs and how to help them grow into healthy adults. Part 2 is aimed more at why our children need mothers and fathers to grow up confident and secure.
Being a new mom myself, I enjoyed reading about the differences in boys and girls, as well as the different roles moms and dads play in their childrens' lives. The author writes clearly and in a way that is understandable. I would suggest this book to any new parents, parents who are struggling to bond/communicate with their children, or couples thinking about having children.
I received a free copy of this book through Waterbrook Multnomah publishing company.
No comments:
Post a Comment