Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 3

Well, last week has been interesting to say the least. But I managed to lose pounds and gain a ton of God-given patience!

previous weight: 183
current weight : 179

Last week I also went for my first run of the summer, which I thought was going to kill me. But, thanks to my wonderful, supportive husband, I got through it running more than I thought I could! I don't even think we ran a mile, but it surely felt like 3 miles (oh wait, I have never run 3 miles at one time EVER :P). Josh has been really helpful and great to me, encouraging me when it gets tough and helping me to not eat everything I see :P

This last weekend, we did the 30 Hour famine with our youth group, which is where the patience from God comes in... the biggest challenge for the adults was getting the kids to be respectful and to listen. There were many times we wanted to throw them into a pool full of sharks, but thanks to God and the other adults, we all made it through, and it was quite rewarding! We ended up collecting a TON of food, water, and blankets for a food shelter in Saginaw, and we also did some road clean up here in Kingston!
Here is part of the stuff we collected :)

So, I am doing a thirty day challenge this month: walk a marathon in 30 days. In case you didnt know (because I didn't know, exactly), a marathon is... 26.2 miles, I think. So that is my challenge this month is to walk that far in 30 days. I have gotten on mile down already! ( I started yesterday) I didn't walk today because it was really rainy and cold out, too cold for the baby to be outside, but tomorrow is mile 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment