Wednesday, July 13, 2011

5K Bound..

A few weeks have gone with no update on my 'weight loss journey' that I started a little while ago, so here is an update. But first I need to address and change the name of this journey. I was talking to Josh last night and realized -- remembered, really -- that while losing weight is important, the most beneficial thing for me is to feel healthy and in shape. So with that said, I am trying not to focus too much on weight loss right now, and am focusing more on running. I guess we can call it My Running Journey, or something that like that.
I have come a long way in just a few weeks, but as is life, I've had a major setback. Let's start from last week, though... I think Josh and I did a good job of running every day that we were supposed to... We missed our Monday run, but because we were at the cottage, we took advantage of all the different styles of cross-training there and went kayaking, biking and swimming. Thursday I ended up going for a run on my own because Josh was pretty tired from working so much, and it ended up being an awesome run! I was a little apprehensive because I knew that Josh was a major motivator for me on runs, but I ended up running almost two miles without stopping!!! I praise God for that run because now I know that long distance running is a possibility if I trust in Him and put my mind to it.

On Friday, I had to get my wisdom teeth removed, which was the roadblock to this exciting journey... I haven't run since Thursday. I am excited to get back to the grind though, and I hope that it can be sooner than later... my mouth is healing, but it is still sore when I run. And this week has been pretty hectic too... We've had four softball games already, and the Pigeon YFC Auction is this Saturday, so Josh is working long days.

So, I plan on starting running as soon as possible, but I think it might be Monday before I can. Oh, and my goal is to run a 5k by the end of the summer, and I feel like that goal is in sight! I've run close to two miles, and with God, I know that I will have the strength to run three :)
Thanks to all those who have been a blessing to me throughout this journey... all the encouragement really keeps me moving forward toward my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment