As many of you know, and as I keep letting you know for accountability purposes, my goal is to run a 5K by the end of the summer.
Josh left for a YFC mission trip today, and he will be gone all week, which means Aurelia and I get to visit family in Clare and Mecosta for the week (yay vacation!!). We left Saturday evening, and have been enjoying our stay thus far. It was really great because Saturday night was nice for running, and I went the furthest I have gone yet! Also, it was out in the country on sand/dirt roads, so it was a bit more challenging and hilly than it is back home in Kingston.
It was such a good feeling to know that I finished what I had set out to do... which was run further than I had before at one time. My last distance was 1.85 miles in 24:20. This time I ran 2 miles in 24:53! That is about a 12:26 minute mile, but those numbers are just to help push myself to do better and go further and faster. Anyway, what a great feeling to know that I could run 2 miles! It is also good to know that even though I am on vacation, I still can have the discipline to keep 'training' and to keep getting healthy!
Also, Aurelia went swimming, and abosolutely loved the water! She was splashing and talking and sqealing for quite a while with us in the pool! It was a lot of fun; today is another action packed day with Mommy, Grammie, and Great Grammie as we head to Mt. Pleasant for a girl's day out!
No comments:
Post a Comment