Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good Morning Sunshine...


Literally. So I have been planning to run since Tuesday, and because of the heat, I just haven't had the courage to do it... even after Mr. Sun went down... So last night I said, "I'll just run in the morning after Aurelia wakes up and eats"... I was thinking it would be cooler. Well, I did run, but it definitely wasn't much cooler at 8:00 in the morning than it was all day yesterday... at least when running is concerned, it didn't feel like it was! I give many kudos to people who run in the heat... especially to that guy who ran across America in weather like this :P

While the heat and humidity brought a new aspect to my running adventure, it felt good to finally start running again since I had my wisdom teeth removed 13 days ago. It was also a nice change to run in the morning. Since I'm already up and awake, it makes it easier, and I feel accomplished already, and it isn't even 9AM yet!

I still plan on running a 5K this summer, but I will definitely have to get used to at least some heat, since I will probably be running a race in August... I think it would be awesome to have lots of people running it with me. I will keep you posted on when and where it will be. And if you've never run one before, or have never run before, or are just starting, don't let it intimidate you... God made us all to be able to run, and if you put your mind to it, you can do it! We don't have to run fast, and we don't have to run with perfect form, we just have to run! Because its good for us :)

Alright, time for Aurelia to lay down for her morning nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment