Friday, September 2, 2011

Inspiration from a great God


First of all, I just read Kelsey's blog about Waffles [the cat and the food] and it made me hungry for waffles. I haven't had a waffle in quite a long time!

Well, things seem to be getting easier. Hmm, let me take that back... Not so much easier, just less stressful. Josh and I are really working on our relationship, and we are doing it together, and it has really been a great experience. It has really opened my eyes to what a Godly relationship should be. We aren't there quite yet, but we are definitely closer than we've ever been. It has been a humbling experience, and I am thankful for a husband who is willing to work with me and grow and change and learn. I thought that I knew how to be married, but God is showing me that there is more to it than I thought, and like I said, it is quite humbling.

Last night I was especially feeling overwhelmed with all the change that is happening. Even positive change can be hard work. So this morning, when I went out to put a letter in the mailbox, I walked out and saw the most AMAZING rainbow I have ever seen. It was a complete bow, from one end to the other, and it was so vibrant! I ran in to get Josh so he could see it :) It came right when I needed it. God uses a rainbow in Genesis to promise not to flood the whole earth again. I saw that rainbow as a promise from God, and it really made my heart and mind still. A visual reminder that God is always here and keeps His promises is a great way to keep trucking through the storm.


Today started off great, and I am determined and encouraged to keep working on things not only in our marriage, but also to keep working on myself... I did a Jillian Michaels workout this morning, and on Tuesday I started doing Weight Watchers on my own. I am happy to say that I am finally out of that plateau I was at and am starting to lose weight! Also, the running has helped me to lose inches in my thighs, which is SUPER great :) Most importantly, I am starting to feel healthy again.



1 comment:

  1. Every time you post, you make me think I should get out and do more running. I think I've gone running once (with Joe) since the fateful triathlon.

    ReplyDelete