So, I am back to the normal grind of life after an awesome experience in Indianapolis at the Women of Faith Conference :) Thanks to Booksneeze and Thomas Nelson publishers, my friend and I were able to get tickets for free. With free tickets and free lodging (thanks to my friend's father), we were able to have an awesome weekend for super cheap.
As I said in my blog before I went to the conference, I was a little bit unsure about being around 7000 women at a conference with mostly all women speakers. To be honest, I didnt think I could handle all that estrogen! But after the first speaker, Sheila Walsh, spoke, I realized that this would be just what I needed.
The line up was incredible. Women like Sheila Walsh, Angie Smith, Nicole Johnson and Lisa Harper who were not afraid to be themselves and be open with us, woman to woman. I had come expecting these women to be somewhat fake and tell me that I'm beautiful, can do anything I set my mind to, and that would be that... The same ol' same ol, but I got a totally different experience!
These women not only shared their personal testimonies, but they also lavished us in their knowledge of the Bible, taking stories and teaching them in a way that made me feel connected to the people of the Bible. They also made me look at these peoples' lives in a totally different way, and I realized that they weren't so much different than I am.
Also, they did let a male speaker in, and I am very glad that they did. Dr. Henry Cloud opened my eyes to a whole new way of thinking, and helped me to realize that things I have been feeling or thinking weren't just me being crazy or delusional. I have forgotten who I am, and the conference really helped me to realize that I can't just let that go, that I have to be proud of that person and not let people make me into something I am not.
Overall, I think that the conference helped to re-establish my hope in God; that no matter what I'm going through, or where I am at, that God is not too big for any of it, and He is here through the fiercest storms. I just have to listen and look. I am so very thankful for the speakers at the conference, and for BookSneeze for giving me this opportunity to find hope again. I was so close to the breaking point, and this conference came at just the right time in my storm.
I hope to have pictures up soon from the conference. We didn't get many, but we got a few, and hopefully they show our great time that we had!
Thanks to Booksneeze and Thomas Nelson Publishing for this awesome experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment