Monday, August 8, 2011

Thunder Dog

The True Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, and the Triumph of Trust at Ground Zero


A story of inspiration and excitement, this book is a great read from the beginning to the end. Michael Hingson and Suzy Flory tell of Michael's decent from the 78th floor of the North Tower of the World Trade Center after a plane crashed into it on September 11, 2001. The book is not only about Michael's decent, but it also tells the story of his life growing up blind. Hingson's main point of the book is to raise an awareness for people who are blind. Hingson talks of how being blind is not a disability and how the blind are capable of doing almost everything that the seeing can do.

The book also includes extra things such as a dictionary of "blind words" and resources to learn more about the blind. I enjoyed learning more about the blind community as well as all the technology that is available to help blind people participate in everyday things. I also enjoyed learning more about seeing eye dogs and the amazing work that they do. I would suggest this book for dog lovers, people interested about what happened on 9/11, or people interested about the blind community. Over all, it was a good read that was also educational.

I received this book for free from booksneeze.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment