Well, the wonderful Kingston Days were this weekend, and it was an interesting time, to be sure. The church sponsored the inflatables on Saturday, and they seemed to be a big hit for the kids. It seemed as though the burnouts were a big thing as well, although I will be honest and say I didn't quite understand the purpose of it, nor did I enjoy it. The next big thing was the football game, which was the start of the Varsity's football season and a celebration of 60 years of Kingston Football. Thankfully, Kingston won 60-0.
Our garage sale didn't do as well as I would have liked it to do, and we still have a ton of stuff, but we made about $164, which I am happy about. If you need anything baby, we have new bottles, a boppy pillow, some newborn/3-6 months clothes and some other stuff. Let me know, and you can have it :P I did enjoy visiting with neighbors and friends who were walking down to the festivities. Some of them bought some things too, because they were hanging out and chatting with us.
The best part for me, though, was definitely the 5K that kicked off the weekend on Thursday night. As many of you know, my goal was to run a 5K by the end of the summer without stopping to walk. I heard about the Kingston Days run, and figured it would be a great time to run, because the starting line was right down the road, at our church! I decided to do it, even though I was exhausted, and I was very pleased with the outcome. I had a good time doing it, for the most part, and I was so happy that I accomplished my goal!
The best part is that not only did I accomplish my goal of not stopping, I wasn't the last runner and I finished under 37 minutes. My finishing time was 36:58. That is a little over three 12 minute miles, and I was super happy with that, because the last time I ran three miles, it was around 37 minutes, maybe a little over. Oh yeah, and I also received a medal! (It was a small race :P)
So, I need to make sure I am getting out and running as much as I can before it starts to get to cold to do it, and I always feel better when I do. And now I really know that I can, so no excuses :P
Also, you didn't have to be a vegetarian to run the race, but Josh and I have decided to try and cut meat from our diet for the time being. It has been interesting so far, and last night, the dish we made was actually quite tasty. We are only doing it for a change of pace and for a different type of diet... We are also not being super strict about it, so if we come over to your house for dinner, don't worry about having no meat. We will probably eat some if you make it! Our goal is to do it more at home, and then eat small amounts if necessary or available.
Please keep us in your prayers. God is working in our lives right now, and while He is making us stronger, it can be a difficult process.
You're my favorite runner!
ReplyDelete