It never ceases to amaze me every year, the beauty God creates in the fall. I will be driving to the store, or to a meeting, and I will be overcome with such joy and amazement at the majestic beauty of it all... the deep reds, vibrant oranges, bright yellows. I can't even explain the feeling I get sometimes... Its like an excitement so true that all I can do is gasp, and try to stay on the road (because usually I am driving :P) I gasp, and thank God for such brilliance. He could have just let summer turn brown and bland before the snow fell, but He chose to paint His canvas with succulent colors.

I sometimes wish it could be fall all the time, but I think I wouldn't appreciate the magnificence of the season then. Fall always seems to be a time of refocus for me -- God really makes me stop and think about just how Great and Amazing and Big He is. I could be outside for hours on end in the cool fall breeze, with the colorful leaves surrounding me, maybe drinking a hot cocoa :) With my Bible and journal, it makes for the greatest time of reflection, prayer, and time with My Father!

What do you think about the fall?
Usually I'm a big fan of fall, but this year I've been struggling with the cooler temperatures (I think my body likes warmth!) Definitely enjoying the fall colors, though.
ReplyDelete