Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Following...

Well, its official: Josh and I are in a band called The Following (at least, we think thats what we are going to be called). Here's the back story.

So, Josh and I (but especially Josh) has always wanted to be in a band. In Painesville, he got that opportunity when he joined Broken Buildings, as their bass player and got to do some acoustic gigs with them as well as their debut concert. When we moved back to Michigan, we realized that that was one of the main things we missed (I loved to go to the concerts and hang out with the band and their groupies!). Now, we both have the opportunity to be in a band with some talented teens, and we are also going to try to make the cut to play at the Big Ticket Festival this year!

We usually play on Wednesday nights for youth group, and I have been learning drumset. At first, I just played for Josh because the teen who usually played is in basketball, and cant make it right now. But I have been actually starting to enjoy it, and am getting better every time I play! One of the teens said it would be awesome to play on the Indie stage at Big Ticket Festival, so Josh looked up what we needed to do to make it happen. This is all we have to do: Get together a promo kit and send it in. By MARCH 1st!!! (Promo kit includes: song samples, band photo and info, and possibly some reviews). At first we thought that this would never happen because we would have to not only come up with songs, but also record them and send them in somehow! But, God is good, and Josh wrote a sweet song that we put to music today. With that, and another original plus one sweet cover, I think we will actually have it all ready to send in by March 1.

So, you should pray for us, and if we do get chosen to play, come see us!!!! It will be so crazy and awesome if we get in, and really, all God.

PS: We were thinking that if we sent the music to one Matt Moore, he could give it a listen, and if he liked it, he could give us some sweet praise :) (But only if you like it!)

We realize that this was a crazy idea that came on really fast, especially since none of us have ever really performed for an audience ( I think all of us have been on stage, for worship, but thats a lot different then performing!). We just figured that we only live once, and the worst thing that will happen is they reject us. We will never know if we dont try!!

I will let you know if we make it when we find out, so stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment