Yesterday was a rough day. On my way to drop Marvin off at the vet to get neutered and de-clawed, I noticed that is was pretty slick out in spots. The strong winds were causing the snow to blow onto the roads, and it was melting, creating slush and slick spots. Well, on my way home, I didn't notice just how long the slick spot was, and wasn't able to slow down enough to keep control of the car, which led to me ending up in the ditch facing the opposite direction I was going. Thankfully, the ditch wasn't much of a ditch, just mainly a field. I was thankful that I didn't flip and that I didn't hit the sign that was about 50 ft away from me. The car and I were okay, and I was glad that Aurelia stayed home with Daddy. I called a friend to help get me unstuck, and I was on my way.
That was the most exciting even of the day, other than the ants that were continuing to take over our kitchen and us going to the junior high basketball games. That was the first time I had ever been driving when I got into an accident, and even though everything was okay and it wasn't really that scary, it still shook me up a bit. It made me realize (or at least rethink) just how much God loves us and just how much I really could lose by getting hurt or killed. I mean, God uses everything for good, but things would definitely changed if something happened to Josh or myself.
Yesterday was a day of rest for me, but Josh was excited to get the drumset up in the office room, which was a bigger job than I thought it would be... it involved removing the couch from the office and bringing it out to the living room, which meant we had to rearrange the living room. Then the office had to be rearranged to get the drums to fit. At the end of the day, the house ended up cleaner and rearranged, the drum set is up, and Josh was happy. [For the record, I am okay with it too :P]
Today, I finally got around to caulking the big gaps in our wall, which is where we think that ants were coming from. I guess we will find out if we were right in the next couple of days. Also, I am excited to be headed over to some friends' house tonight for dinner and fellowship :) We are also going to make sure we get our promo kit sent to the Big Ticket Festival today.
Oh, and something else exciting that happened yesterday: Aurelia got brave enough to walk behind her walker toy thing all on her own! She is getting closer and closer to walking every day, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is going to happen in the next couple weeks :)

Just a picture of our band... which has been the main thing we have been working on lately. (Not this picture, but our band and our music.)
No comments:
Post a Comment