Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Non-Book Review Blog :)

I have decided that I really like blogging. Maybe its just because lately I feel like there is stuff happening to blog about. Life seems to be going really well right now, and I think its just because Josh and I finally have TRULY given God complete control. We have no idea what is ahead of us, where we will be going or when, but we are trusting in Him to let us know. Until then, we are just living life, and that has proven to be quite fun!

As you know, we have put together a band to try called The Following, and our goal is to be accepted to play on the Indie stage at Big Ticket Festival this year. I actually think we have a shot too, because we have some really talented musicians and a super talented (and might I add very attractive ;P) lead singer (That's Josh, if you didn't catch on!). I think I am the least experienced out of the group, but am reassured by Josh that I am learning the drums quickly, and doing well. Of course, I have a pretty decent teacher... Josh is teaching me what he knows, and between that and listening to different beats, I think that with practice, I might be halfway decent someday.

Anyway, we also think that we might be able to play at the Deford Rock Festival this year as well. It is just a SUPER tiny thing, but it would be fun to perform no matter what :) This Saturday, we are headed to Harbor Beach to try and record a few of our songs to send to Big Ticket Festival. I am excited to see what they have to say.

The band thing had a few different motives behind it: the main one was we both enjoy music, and we both thought it would be cool to be in a band. the second reason is that we wanted a [cheaper or free] way to get into the Big Ticket Festival since we can't afford / dont want to pay the full price for all three days. So, with that being said, there is always a chance we won't get chosen to play on the Indie stage, which is why we have a back up plan :P

I dont know if you have ever heard of NRT Radio (New Release Tuesday), but it is an online radio station that plays the newest Christian music. It is a really great station, and it is usually what is playing if there is music on in our home. Anyway, we emailed them asking if they were interested or able to have a table set up at the Festival, and we told them we would be willing to run the table, or advertise for them or something. They emailed Josh back and said that while they couldn't really afford to have a table or anything extreme, they might be able to have us 'report' for them. Basically what we would be doing is creating a write up on each day: Who we saw play, what we did, what we liked, things like that. Although it is our number one goal to play at BTF, it would be a pretty cool way to go if we were there representing NRT Radio :) It would be a really neat experience either way.

I am very excited about where God is taking us and what we will get to do along the way.

Also, on a different note, Aurelia is looking pretty ready to walk soon. She is getting more brave every day, and letting go of things to stand on her own. Also, she loves giving kisses (mostly to Marvin, our cat, and her stuffed animals. Or to her reflection) and hugs. She is also talking a lot (baby talk, that is), and she knows the signs for milk and all done. While she knows what the signs are for eat and please, she doesn't really seem to like to do them. Instead, when she is hungry, she usually goes 'MMmmmmmm'. Its pretty cute :) I love being a Mommy!!!!!

1 comment: