I'm pretty sure our house should be quarantined... there has been at least one person sick, if not all of us, since about Thanksgiving! It makes it easier, though, when I get to wake up to a smiling baby despite the fact that her face is covered in dried snot with her hair matted in it :P She has her moments, but she is one of the happiest sick people I know! We have had some pretty fun times, despite the sicknesses we have all been facing... for instance:
Aurelia and her Daddy have had fun making music. Here's a fun video of her 'beat boxing' with Josh!
They also had some fun playing guitar today :)
I also found a blanket I had been crocheting for Aurelia before she was born... Not anything fancy, just something to do to keep me busy. It was almost done, but I think that because she came 3 weeks early, I didn't get it finished. Well, I decided to finish it, and found that I was really making it for Marvin...
Aurelia had a really nice party last weekend, and we had a good time mingling with friends and family. It was a pretty long day for her, but I think she had fun getting so much attention :P She is definitely not shy, and loves to be with people! She also loves to dance... Any time she hears any type of beat, she starts moving. It's really cute, especially when she is standing up and starts shaking her tush!
I am enjoying being a mother, and new things about Aurelia everyday, as well as new things about myself. We are also enjoying having Marv as a part of our family, even thought he is a pretty rambunctious! Soon, he will have an appointment to get neutered (Bob Barker would be happy :P), and I think we are going to have his front claws taken out... he's gotten Aurelia too many times while they have been playing together. (Don't worry -- Marvin is a fully indoor pet... I wouldn't take his claws from him and then send him out into the wild!! He will still fully be able to defend his territory from Aurelia with his back claws and his teeth :P)
Also, another exciting this is that I am on my way to receiving an elliptical machine. Here's the story: Josh has given me a challenge. I must work out every day for two weeks, and he said if I do, he will know that I am serious about doing it and that he will buy me an elliptical. Pretty sweet, huh?! I have worked out for 4 days in a row now, and I am glad that he has given me the motivation to do it. I am hoping this two weeks will be a jump start into a lifestyle change. It has been difficult for me to get motivated and keep up with my working out, especially this winter. I am not big on running outside when it is cold, which is mainly why I can talk myself out of working out. But, with this new motivation, I have done Jillian Michael's 3o day shred for 4 days, and my goal (besides an elliptical :P) is to finish that video. I am excited for the warm weather too, when I won't have an excuse to get out and run again!
Today, Josh decided to do a little of the video with me, and found out that it is a lot harder than it looks!! Also, he didn't have any hand weights, so he decided to use Aurelia. I am thinking that that made the workout harder as well :P It was nice having him doing it with me, even though it was only in the beginning (he didn't quit... he had to take care of the baby), because it really helped to motivate me and to keep going even though I wanted to stop and rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment